Saturday 14 June 2014

Flight Arrow Video

I don't know how well this will show up as it gets compressed when down loaded. It shows two fight arrows one with my regular 35-40 spine and one with 30-35 and a slightly lighter point.
One goes much more sideways than the other, but both just about get straight after 10 yards.
You'll need to view it full screen and play it a few times. It has been cut so the two fly one after the other with no wasted time waiting for the action. A better camera and loads of extra lighting would show it better, but it's not bad for a £20 E-bay camera. It serves the purpose, it will be interesting to see which flies further, my money is on the second slightly weaker spined arrow. The shoot is on July 6th, so there's a bit of a wait.
Looking closely at the video I can see the arrows show up better as they pass over the two lamps which are on the floor in front of the target. If I do it again I'll arrange some better lighting, pointing upwards.
Meanwhile I've done some more on the Yew primitive, I've not done much over the last few days as we had a few days away B&B'ing ended up at the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Light Railway which was rather fun. Had a real seaside holiday feel, and the trains really go along at quite a speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment