Tuesday 1 November 2016

Door Hanging

Fiddly old job hanging doors, had the damn things up and down like a fiddlers elbow. Taken 'em off again now for a final tweak and some varnishing. Looks good, I've got to do a lot of fiddling about to create the window frames for two windows to the right of the doors, then I can order some perspex or polycarbonate, not sure which to go for.

Been an odd week, haven't got much done as Emily cat has been confined to indoors 'cos she's got a nasty wound on her drivers side rear leg ;-) , probably a scratch in a cat fight that turned into an abscess.
She was on antibiotics for 5 days and has had it stitched up today, that means another 10 days indoors driving us bonkers as she runs around like a loony.

I've packed up a bow for shipping, it was supposed to be collected end of September, but I'm now having to ship it. UPS seem to offer a reasonable price, so I'll prob' use them. I must admit I'm getting a tad tired of the summer house and wanting to get back to the bows. It's a pain shipping bows, I'll prob' insure it as I've heard horror stories of bows broken in transit. I'm getting more and more inclined to just make bows for people I know or who are close enough to visit, anyhow, certainly only bows that pique my interest, like the pair of primitives I'm hoping to pick up soon.

4 comments:

  1. Polycarbonate is much stronger and impact resistant but a lot more expensive usually. I have had acrylic in my summer house windows for about fifteen years and they are still absolutely fine. Just keep acrylic well supported when cutting and take it steady.

    Kind regards,

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one del looks good. If it gets bigger it would look like one of the old gypsy caravans. Enjoy and hope you go to CH soon atb Shaun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Shaun, it's getting a bit chilly for shooting now. maybe I'll re-join CH next year.

      Delete