Monday 14 July 2014

Good News Bad News

I got the RD looking really good 69# @ 26", I shot some arrows through it and it was more like a Warbow!
My heavier 11/32" arrows went like rockets, I could barely see 'em go and the bow rang like a bell. I moved up to my 3/8" 32" long light warbow arrows (763 grain) Whoooomp, went dead straight and rocked the target boss backwards.
I set up the chrono to get a speed reading. Got myself all set up and... she exploded in my hand as I hit full draw.
Maybe I over drew to 28" ? Who knows, one hell of a BANG!
Still it's given me a feel for the design and the wood. I think the moral is always tiller to your natural full draw, and keep the camera running!
Also if going for a flight/speed bow, get the best materials and be meticulous.
This post shows the Elder when I collected it...

Anyhow, while the chrono was up I shot the refurbished 70# yew bow through it and I got 178fps with my standard field arrow, then I tried a flight arrow, I got 193.5 fps! Mind the arrow stop netting didn't stop it beacuse its so slim at the point. pretty impressive, it shows the 200fps mark is acheivable.
http://bowyersdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/fallen-elder.html
At least Monkey bow lives on!



No comments:

Post a Comment