Sunday 11 May 2014

Coming Down to Earth

Shot round some 3Ds yesterday at the club, I had a nasty ache under one shoulder blade, I'd been digging out some compost and planting out courgettes the day before. Maybe that, and bracing bows had twinged it. Anyhow I enjoyed the shooting and the company, but just went round the once.
I need to make up another dozen arrows as I'm down to my last few. I've had a look at the re-furbished bow and done a few scrapes on the belly. I'm not really back into the swing of things.

I've written up a draft of an article about the Tennessee Classic , it's over 4000 words, so will need some editing and sharpening up. Still, better to condense it than to be trying to stretch thin material into an article.

The weather is damp and dismal, I'd like to be out in the garden really. I'll cut some self nocks on a dozen shafts and start fletching, a little and often will soon replenish my quiver.


Here are a few more pics from the classic including Pappy drawing up the longbow I gave him hunting style, the creek with its bridge and a shot taken after the crowds had gone...

Getting back to the airport was a shock with the clamour of 24 hour news and noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment